On Wednesday my boss sends this email.
"Team,
We may need some people in the office this weekend. I don't have any details yet. I will advise as soon as I know something definitive."
Now it's Friday and he now sends this one to me and one other member of my group.
"*****/Rich,
We will need you both in the office tomorrow to assist us with cleaning up items in the Exception Queues. ******* and I will walk through the process with you as I know you are not familiar with the handling of these items. We should be here between 8:30-9 to get started and hopefully finish as early as possible."
Is it just me or was this short notice? 1 day?
What really made me see red. Actually it was more like white hot anger was the fact that the ass did not even come and ask me if I had plans, if I could change them, he just ordered.
Now my original impulse was to tell him to go f*&^ off and I began composing an email that began like this
"****
You are an f***ing asshole and you can f*** youself tomorrow on you desk for all I care, because I will not be here. You are the rudest motherf****er I have ever had the pleasure of meeting"
Needless to say I called my girlfriend and after a few minutes of talking to her I got up and left my desk to go cool off.
I had to go back and pick up my badge because they won't let me back into the office without it.
My supervisor (not the prick who sent the email) calls and asks me if I am okay and I tell her no, and I left.
In the elevator I elbowed the wall and if it was any harder either my arm or the wall would have broken.
I circled the building about five times in an effort to make my anger subside. Needless to say it didn't work. I called my girlfriend again and somehow she made me slightly less angry, it's not so white hot now.....more of a red seething anger. If I come in tomorrow and I sit here with nothing to do, I might lose it. If I do, would that qualify as an insanity plea?
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so sexy when you're angry :o)
Post a Comment