Debt, I have it and I hate it.
I went to Penn State. For those of you who have never been I will give a brief description. From NYC it's a 3 1/2 hour ride with nothing but trees and highway. Twenty minutes from the highway State College rises in the distance. There's nothing else around, but you really don't need much else.
State College is a town built for students. Bars, Food, Stores...the list goes on.
When I was in college a few years back, I had no money, no student aid, no scholarships, just student loans that covered my tuition and books. My parent's really couldn't help me much, they paid for car insurance and part of my car payment. I paid the rest.
I worked the midnight shift at a local convenience store, I worked the midnight shift because it got me a couple extra bucks, and I needed all the bucks I could get to pay for rent.
Every day I walked along college avenue, and sitting outside the bookstore were these people. These people were evil, and I knew it.
But I was hooked, I signed up, got a free t-shirt and a credit card.
I paid and still pay these cards to this day. I have never once had a late or missed payment. Now here I am, looking at these old balances and I never see them go down. My oldest card it from 1997, I have had it for 10 years. They charge me 31% interest rate. It is impossible for me pay this off. I don't know what to do, I am ready to give up.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment